What's new

Syncing with iTunes after update to 5.1

Davidm

Reaction score
When I plug my 4S into my computer for backing up it goes through the 7 steps and then it won't finish. After a very long time a hour I click on the X to stop the back up and then when I close ITunes it will say cant find disk. Any ideas what is wrong or how to get it to backup properly.

Try this. Hook the phone up and while still in the early steps of the sync, cancel it but leave the phone connected. Then right click on your iPhone and select backup. Once done, then disconnect and then reconnect. Let the automatic sync occur and see if makes it thru to the end normally.

Still not working. After canceling and then clicking on phone and having it sync it still gets to the end and hangs. Cancal sync and it says canceling but never cancels till I unplug phone. Then phone still has the thing going around at the top trying to sync until I shut down phone and reboot.
After going through 8 steps it says waiting for items to copy. What items could it be possiblely be waiting for?

I have found tons of people who are having problems with backing up to Itunes. All get the message "waiting for items to copy". I have tried all suggestions as what worked for some didn't for others. I have deleted Itunes off my computer, rebooted and reinstalled it. I have done a complete restore of my phone using Icloud and then plugging in to my computers Itunes to get back the music and photo's but it still hangs at the end. First time I tried a restore using Itunes it looked like it restored most and than said it couldn't find some file but it disapeared before I could get a good look. So any other ideas? I just backed up my ipad2 to iTunes on my computer using same cable etc. so I'm thinking it isn't iTunes.

Last edited: