What's new

Syncing using iCloud

sandy32

Reaction score
New to the forum and iCloud! The whole iCloud syncing thing doesn't seem to be happening. I have a Mac Book Pro at home and have an iPhone 4 with me at all times. I rarely have the phone on Internet because the services is bad at work and I can't stand the log in requests on the phone while I'm in between locations. Also, I do most of my charging in the car are these two things my problem. I'm afraid to hard sync my phone now for fear of double entries.

Thanks for any help

So what is your question? All i got out of it was the charging of your phone.

My question is how do I get the computer and IPhone to sync over ICloud?

Hi....
I haven't been able to sync with iCloud since I updated to the new software. It tells me I have too much on the phone and need to purchase more space. What's the best way to use iCloud?

So icloud works when you have "sync over wifi" turned on? I dont really understand the concept here...

So icloud works when you have "sync over wifi" turned on? I dont really understand the concept here...

Not only that but I'm failing to grasp the usefulness of OTA WiFi "Sync" when the iPhone Sync authorized machine is my desktop at home, which doesn't have WiFi. I still have to Sync the the old fashioned way via cable as I use that machine the most (unlike my laptop which of course is WiFi).

Of course - using the iPhone "Update" for the software in the General settings under WiFi is obvious - thats something I'm looking forward to trying. The last iOS5 update (ie the battery related fixes last week) I did in the traditional way as I thought cable would be faster.