What's new

Syncing Music

pkeohan

Reaction score
I have a 3G and want to put one album from iTunes (on a Windows 7 device) onto the iPhone. I have never done this before with an iPhone but I have with an iPod. When I try to sync, it wants to backup first. This took 11 hours but I stuck with it. Now when I try to sync, it starts the backup again.

Yes, there are way too many photos on the phone but not a huge amount of apps. I tried the Transfer Purchases thing and all to no avail. What do I need to do to transfer this album - and future albums?

when you start syncing your music to your 3G and you see the iTunes stating "Preparing for backup" click 3 times on a cross sign x at the extremity right on that PREPARING FOR BACKUP message. This will allow the syncing process to skip the backup and sync into your 3G your music.
If you care about backing up your 3G, you can do it manually and when you really have time, and every time you are just trying to sync into your iPhone something from iTunes, just hit that x button 3 times every time you see that PREPARING FOR BACKUP message.
You should make free spaces on your computer HDD in order to speed up backup process.