What's new

Bought 2 albums on iPhone, only 1 transferred to iTunes via "Transfer Purchases"?

AniseBlue

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 3GS, using iOS version 5.1.1 (terrified of new iOS 6.0 with its map debacle, not doing it yet). Running iTunes 10.7.0.21 (just updated last night).

I didn't sync with iTunes for a couple of weeks. During that time, I purchased two new albums on my iPhone.

I have auto-sync in iTunes turned off, so when I connected my phone to my computer, I got the message instructing me to transfer purchases from my iPhone to iTunes. One album synced, but the other didn't. ? I then tried to push the process manually from both the drop-down File menu and by right-clicking on my device. I checked the "Recently Added" folder, the "Purchased" folder and of course the "Music" folder in iTunes. Nothing.

I tried just going ahead and syncing my phone at that point -- even taking the risk that the new album would get wiped, in hopes it would just move over finally. Nope. It remains on my phone but won't migrate. It's invisible to iTunes for some reason.

Any hints? Thanks!

-Anise