What's new

Sync ringtones

azonie

Reaction score
I downloaded a cool app for ringtones but after you download a ringtone you have to sync that with iTunes. I can't figure that part out. iTunes seems really difficult to use. The ringtone app and the ringtone are showing in iTunes but how do I sync the ringtone so I can use on iPhone.

If you have seen the ringtone in itunes you are almost there. click on that ringtone and down at the bottom you should see a button that will let you save it. Save it to a location that you want. I have created a directory called "Iphone Ringtones" once it is there double click on it and it will add it to the ringtones section of itunes and then just sync with your phone, that should do it.

Hope this helps,
HiddenPuppy

I guess I am still missing it. I created that folder as you suggested on pc desktop. Then double clicked. It created a "ringtone" folder in iTunes under books, but nothing there. But if I click "ringtones" at top next to "apps" then check sync, selected ringtones. It is there. But then if I check it and apply. I get message saying iPhone can only be synced with one library. Option is to " erase and sync". But say it will erase all on iPhone and replace with this library. Which I think will leave me will the ringtone but erase all my apps pictures etc???

I am sorry, not sure what that message means. I just have been on iphone for about 5 weeks and it took me a while to get the ringtones figured out. Let me try this.

1. under apps on your device hooked up to itunes go to apps and make sure that sync apps is checked.
2. Down at the bottom of the page you should see your ringtone program and the ringtone on the right that you created.
3. Click on the ringtone on the right and look down below you should see "save to"
4. Click there and select the folder that you created on your desktop
5. once saved go to the folder on your desktop and double click the ringtone that you just saved
6. that should add it to your itunes in the top part under tones.
7. in itunes go to that directory and drag it down to tones on your device
8. sync and hopefully that should put it on your phone.

Hope this does it,
HiddenPuppy

Last edited:
I had the same problem, the new ringtone would go into the rintone in itunes, but not into the iphone, I found a program on the net and it did it without a hickup. I cant remember what it was but it worked.

Got it to work. After dragging from desktop to "device" in iTunes. Then sync. And it worked