What's new

Sync Awesome Note?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stubbs

Reaction score
I have the Awsome note app and I think its brilliant!! I keep a diary on it with pictures etc. Does anyone know how to back it up and to print etc from it? I connected it to itunes and it doesn't back it up automatically and I also read on a site that it doesn't back up the photos?

Any ideas?

Thanks

You will have to right click on iphone icone which apear in the left panel of itunes, and in the drop list, click on backup, that backup will back up your whole phone, everything including every pictures, notes, look i mean everything you are having on your device at the moment you are performing the backup. The hard part is that you will not be able to restore only your awesome notes from that backup. But there are some other backup you can perfom on your awesome note like this one here
602cb8b7-031b-d9b2.jpg
602cb8b7-032c-8ab3.jpg
602cb8b7-033e-4d73.jpg

After the backup is done, connect your phobe to your itunes, and in the application tab, scrool down to see the sharing application, you will see awesome note in there, double click and you will see your backup files in the right panel, transfer your backup file to anywhere you want in your computer. Whenever you will want to restore it, you will have to send back the backup file to that awesome note sharing folder in itunes, and open awesome note on your device and restore it.
As for printing notes, on awesome note, its possible, but you will have to download apps and tweaks from cydia to be able to print right from awesome note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I did everything you said and I've saved it to my computer, but it saves as an ANB file. Is this a backup I can use to get back onto an iphone if I need too? Thats great too as Id hate to loose it!

I was hoping I could do this and print the text and photos from the computer. My idea was to do the diary and send to elderly relatives every year with the entries and photos. These relative would not use an iphone!!! The ANB file wont let me view.

I'm starting to wonder if there is a different app I should be using or am I being over optimistic in my i phone abilities.

Oh....just noticed, I could sync with evernote? Do you know anything about this? Could I print from there?

...............30 mins later and its a great back up but I cant print my whole diary.......starting to give up!!!!

Last edited:
Do u know about airPrint? It should allow u to print whatever u want from your device wirelessly. Read about printopic if you are on a Mac conputer. Here are some screenshoot printing awesome notes, camera roll pictures.
AWESONE NOTE PRINTING
7b79625b-b047-2676.jpg
7b79625b-b051-2f18.jpg
7b79625b-b072-5dd7.jpg
7b79625b-b07f-a4f4.jpg

PRINTING PICTURES RIGHT FROM CAMERA ROLL
7b79625b-b09c-298b.jpg
7b79625b-b0a6-a988.jpg
7b79625b-b0b2-8ff7.jpg

You are good to go.

Last edited:
Thanks so much!!! I think what I'll do is get into the habit of backing up and printing monthly! Thanks for your help!!!

If you get Evernote (evernote.com), you can backup over-the-air with a free account. You would have to set up the Evernote account, then come back into Awesome Note and set up the sync on the screen shown by the previous poster.

With a paid account ($5.00/month), you can share your files with the grandparents (they would have to set up free accounts) and even set it up as read-only. Or you could put them on a CD or print them or whatever you like.

When I had my iphone3, some of my notes in "notes" application had disappeared during sync. I had to save every note I created in another spot.
The new iphone4 seems to be doing okay and I have no problems of losing it.
Even adding a ipad, and I got all notes there on both machines.

One day, I noticed that some of my notes had disappeared on my iphone again. My Ipad seems to be doing okay. Later, I synced both. It never asked me whether I need to check the notes.. and the no of notes on my iPad was the same as it on iphone. Now, I lost all those important notes on both machines. That is bad.

Any suggestion? Does it have anything to do with the latest itune update?

When I had my iphone3, some of my notes in "notes" application had disappeared during sync. I had to save every note I created in another spot.
The new iphone4 seems to be doing okay and I have no problems of losing it.
Even adding a ipad, and I got all notes there on both machines.

One day, I noticed that some of my notes had disappeared on my iphone again. My Ipad seems to be doing okay. Later, I synced both. It never asked me whether I need to check the notes.. and the no of notes on my iPad was the same as it on iphone. Now, I lost all those important notes on both machines. That is bad.

Any suggestion? Does it have anything to do with the latest itune update?

You can always restore your backup files on your iPhone using iTunes, I think that your notes are to be saved in the backup files.

Thanks for the reply.. How can I check the backup? I don't see any button or list I can check.

One time, the apple guy said that I can use imail to check. I did that with my iphone 3 and it worked. I tried it on my iphone4 and found no notes except gmail notes.
Weird.

Thanks for the reply.. How can I check the backup? I don't see any button or list I can check.

One time, the apple guy said that I can use imail to check. I did that with my iphone 3 and it worked. I tried it on my iphone4 and found no notes except gmail notes.
Weird.

You mean that you want to check if your notes are present in the backup file? Or your want to find the backup file in order to restore your notes?

like to find the backup files in order to restore my notes. thanks.

The backup files iTunes made for your iPhone are huge, about 500+MB so if you decide to restore any of those backup files, you will not only restore your awesome notes files, but also everything will be set on your phone just like the way it was when you were creating the backup file using iTunes, saying this, you might lose any new informations like SMS, contacts, pictures, videos, and other files you get in you iPhone after creating your backup files.
Now that you know it, on windows first enable hidden files to be displayed the navigate to User-UserName-AppData-Roaming-Apple Conputer-MobileSync-Backup. There are your backup files. When you locate the one you need, use iTunes to restore it to your iPhone and everything you were having in awesome note will be back in it.

I want to synchronize anote between my iphone and my ipad. But I cannot do i although I tried several times according to user guide. Help me!

I want to synchronize anote between my iphone and my ipad. But I cannot do i although I tried several times according to user guide. Help me!

Hi--thank you for your post. However, this thread is 1-year old and most probably the members have found resolution and have move on.

With this, we will close this thread. Thank you for your understanding.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.