What's new

Backing up iPhone address book to MS Outlook

Lonestalker

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 which automatically backed up all addresses/numbers notes etc every time it was connect to my PC MS Outlook.

Recently i have had to reinstall the latest version of windows and now when the iPhone is connected all it will transfer are any photos that i may have on it.

How can i back up my full address book from the iPhone to MS Outlook and visa-versa ?

Many thanks,

When you're iDevice is connected to iTunes... go to the "Contacts" tab and make sure its set to sync w/ MS Outlook.

I have to reinstall windows in my laptop,but when i connect my iPhone 4 to it goes fully sync but won't show all the apps in to the itunes only show two Facebook and another can't remember wich one now what can I do ? I triyed several times but still same

Lonestalker said:
I have an iPhone 4 which automatically backed up all addresses/numbers notes etc every time it was connect to my PC MS Outlook.

Recently i have had to reinstall the latest version of windows and now when the iPhone is connected all it will transfer are any photos that i may have on it.

How can i back up my full address book from the iPhone to MS Outlook and visa-versa ?

Many thanks,

Just open Settings, iCloud, and turn on Contacts toggle. Now as long as you have an iCloud address added to that panel (which one usually does when setting up the phone by tapping "use iCloud") your contacts will always be there. Always. And don't have I worry about manually managing and backing your contacts ........like ever.

Plus you don't even have to restore from a backup. As long as you have the iCloud account.....you'll have all your contacts. Syncing contacts with PC just seems like a hassle. When all ya need to do is turn on a toggle in iCloud settings.

Last edited:
I have to reinstall windows in my laptop,but when i connect my iPhone 4 to it goes fully sync but won't show all the apps in to the itunes only show two Facebook and another can't remember wich one now what can I do ? I triyed several times but still same

Sorted !