What's new

Swype

jedthehumanoid

Reaction score
So I finally went out and bought an iphone yesterday. So far, I'm getting used to it pretty quickly and I really like it. There is only one thing that is driving me crazy. Over and over again everyone I knew kept telling me its easy to type on an iphone. I disagree. I'm constantly hitting the wrong letters. It would be really nice if there was a version of swype for the iphone..... Anybody know of anything similar to it.

Maybe I'll get better at typing on this but I've always had a hang up about typing on touch screens....My thumbs just don't seem to be very coordinated!

You really do not need any application for it, all the new iPhone's user have this problem, but after a while you will get used to it, if it does not get any better, you should try the landscape typing.
Hope I have been helpful.

Agree.. however swypes is still a coool typing program :p

I don't see why they don't have it for iPhone yet. Proprietary thing? Don't know if I would like it or not. Worth a try I guess. I had a he'll of a time when I first got the iPhone too. After a couple weeks it got alot easier. My thumbs are still too fat tho. Not sure I could do it with out the auto correct. That is also annoying. I really don't like those qwerties either tho. Virtual is the best way for me without resorting to hooking up a full size.

Swype might be on Cydia? lemme check real quick

no luck

Last edited:
Never really understood swipe.... You still must tap/draw each letter... How is that eliminating any input? Besides adding the fact you can't stop and start in the middle of a word.

Never really understood swipe.... You still must tap/draw each letter... How is that eliminating any input? Besides adding the fact you can't stop and start in the middle of a word.

Well you don't have slide every word. You can type more obscure words In the regular fashion and it will 'learn' that word so next time you can just swype it. You can basically type twice as fast with it. He'll the guineas record for texting speed was done with a phone using swype....

Another thing that I miss is having a way to move the cursor more accurately if I notice a mistake.

You'll get better the keyboard kinda has a learning curve... & just to be fair I prolly haven't used a swipe keyboard long enough to be any good at it.

Lol i had an Xperia before and i installed swype on it.. Gooood stuff, loved it. but for the guinness record thing i heard one of the rules was not to use auto correct and in the video i saw the guy correcting his misspelled words.. whats up with that...!

Yupe, agreed. after you use the Swepe input, you will be realize that is not nice as what our thinking.

guys
Install0us > shapewriter
=) shapewriter was in the app store but they took it out but its still in install0us idk how people forget about that.