What's new

I've got some iphone app questions

tmal2

Reaction score
Hi every, I'm new to the forums and I'm I've been looking at the Verizon iphone as my next phone and I've got some questions.

I've currently got a droid and there are a few features about the droid that I really like but I'm not sure if the iphone will do the same.

The first thing I'm interested in is text to speech navigation. I know the iphone comes with Google maps but I know there is no voice navigation. Does anyone know of a decent and reasonably priced app that will give me voice navigation?

Another thing I really liked about the droid was voice recognition. Anything that required typing on the keyboard could be done through speech. I could search, e-mail and text message all without using a keyboard. All I had to do was speak what I wanted typed and the phone would do it for me. I drive a lot and this feature really helped me out.
Is there an iphone app that will give me the same functionality?

Thanks in advance.

97 views and not a single response? :(

I's surprised.

You have probably had a lot of views with no response because there are many similar threads posted here. The voice to speech and voice search functions are deep rooted into the android system (google). Apple is not letting any app or anyone get into their system like that. If these functions are deal breakers for you, you better stick with your droid. there are probably apps that will do SOME of the functions you want but not as well as on the android.
This is just my opinion being that I am familiar with both OS's.

My friend, stick with the Android platform, I am a previous OG Droid, Incredible, and current Droid X user, thought I would give the iPhone a try and while it is an amazing device, just cannot do what our Adroid powered devices can do. With that said, neither of the two items you ask for can currently be done on the iPhone.