What's new

Swype or similar keyboard option

sgtjiggy

Reaction score
CNET reported a possible swype type program coming to iOS! I so miss swype from Android. The IOS keyboard is nice but swype rocks!

CNET reported a possible swype type program coming to iOS! I so miss swype from Android. The IOS keyboard is nice but swype rocks!

I moved from a Nokia N8 to iPhone 4S and one of the main things I miss on the iPhone is Swype.

Swype on the Nokia N8 took a bit of a learning curve but it sure was worth the effort!

I really hope that they'll release an iPhone version of Swype real soon!

Just switched to Iphone4 and I really miss Swype. I thought Iphone was suppose to have more and better Apps. This is the second great App Android has and Iphone does not and theirs are mostly free.

You need to jailbreak, I'm writing this using iSwipe, an unofficial port of swype; it works fine. If you want to get the most out of your iphone you need to jail break.

It's always great to have the option. I was using it on my Nokia N97 in 2009, but it's been a long long time that i haven't use that thing, it was great and made typing really fast. I will like to have it as an option officially on the iPhone too.

Initial_Z32 said:
iSwipe really sucks IMO, it's not nearly as functional as the real swype, I mastered swype on my android and jailbroke mostly to get it back but was disappointed big time..

Anyone have an updated source for iswipe? Every time I try to add the wynd.x10.mx it installs the packages then gives an error message towards the end.

It is a faster and easier way to input text on any screen.