What's new

Swype type application on iPhone?

cafleter

Reaction score
Hello. I may be moving to an iPhone 5 soon (deciding upon it and a Samsung GSIII). One of the items I like with my current Android is the swype application for typing on the phone - much easier and faster than key pecking.

I haven't been able to find something similar in the Apple app store - am I just missing it? Does something similar exist?

Thank you.

Carol

Unfortunately it doesn't exist in the app store. The only option is the Cydia tweak "iSwype." However, there isn't a Jailbreak for the iPhone 5, yet, that'll allow you to use Cydia. So... if the "Swype" feature is a necessity... the iPhone 5 isn't gonna work.

I loved Swype on my old Samsung, but I have a 4S now. Peck and type is slow at first, but the autocorrect is pretty damn good. I basically rush my typing and the iPhone will correct it to what I mean. Also, I can speak sentances with 99% accuracy too, making typing even more redundant. In other words, I missed Swype at first, but now don't really have the need for it. Maybe you'll come to that conclusion too.

For some reason, I would say an extreme lack of coordination I am totally unable to use swype. For me it doesn't matter. If it matters to you I have two words: Voice Recognition.

Lack of coordination is what makes Swype so good. You don't actually have to hit the right keys when swiping -- near enough is good enough. Friends were amazed when I demonstrated it; to them, it looked like I was just rubbing my finger back and forth over the display, but real sentances were coming out. Surprised that it didn't work for you.