What's new

Swipe Right by voice control...

NSquirrel

Reaction score
I read a lot on my iPhone and iPad and sometimes I have wondered out of curiosity, if Siri could turn the page of the book I am reading? It appears not, or not that I have found - and others have asked the same question. Have you ever tried turning the page with gloves on or even switching to another app?

A post in another forum to do with an iPhone/iPad app pointed me towards the answer: Settings/ Accessibility/Voice Control.

Under Customise Commands are a whole heap of commands and the ability to add new words, although I have not experimented with that facility yet.

Swipe left and swipe right turns pages. Open App Switcher, Open Books, Open Notes, Open Control Centre, Go Home.... are just a few of a long list of commands and they do not require an internet connection.

One command I would like to add, would be to do a voice controlled 'soft reset' as I often forget the sequence.

I hope that this is of interest to others.

Observation on the above:

When you turn on Voice Control every command, as far as I can see, is automatically enabled (on). So everytime you say something, for example as I found talking just now, every word said is analysed to see if it is a command. Additionally my iPhone seemingly froze briefly because I was thinking about something and fidgeted by tapping the case…

For my experimental use, there is a huge number of commands to turn off- or, as I have done: just one: for the moment, turn off voice control☹️