What's new

Back to good old voice control

Robolovsky

Reaction score
I have joined this forum to share my experiences with Siri on a new iPhone 4s.

Having set the phone up I then paired my Voyager Pro HD bluetooth headset with it and tried voice dialling a few contacts. One of the contacts "Rob Moto" was constantly interpreted incorrectly. Siri would say things like "sorry I can't find a contact with the name ..........." and come up with all kinds of interpretations but nothing near Rob Moto. I then tried with various other contacts with similar results. Jay would be interpreted as Jane, the surname Grainger picked up as Google etc.

Finally after trying all kinds of different ways of talking to Siri and having no joy, I turned Siri off and tried dialling using good old Voice Control. Guess what, Voice control recognises my contact names first time every time!! Strangely the voice of Voice Control is exactly the same as Siri but now recognizes everything I say.

So what is the problem. It can't be the way I say the commands or anything to do with my headset because it all works perfectly when Siri is not on. Could it be that the old voice control is better at voice recognition than Siri?

I would love to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience or from anyone who can throw some light on why voice control works better than Siri.