What's new

how do I turn OFF voice command

pepper7144

Reaction score
I have a I-4s 16gb 5.0.1 I want to turn off voice command (voice dial). In the settings>general>passcode lock the voice dial will NOT turn off. The screen says "iPodVoice Control is always enabled". I have an Iphone and do NOT want voice control. I am a trucker using bluetooth, when ending a call if the other person ends the call before I do ( with the bluetooth controls) my phone goes into voice comand. Now I have to pick up my phone to cancil this mode.

If you are talking about Siri, then go to settings> general> siri OFF

bab2010 thanks for your response but no I am not talking about Siri. A close look at my post speaks of a totaly different issue

I have a I-4s 16gb 5.0.1 I want to turn off voice command (voice dial). In the settings>general>passcode lock the voice dial will NOT turn off. The screen says "iPodVoice Control is always enabled". I have an Iphone and do NOT want voice control. I am a trucker using bluetooth, when ending a call if the other person ends the call before I do ( with the bluetooth controls) my phone goes into voice comand. Now I have to pick up my phone to cancil this mode.

You have to set up a pass code lock in order to allow activation of turning the voice control off. If you then turn off your pass code lock it turns back on voice control.

iHolophyte

thanks but that defeats the problem. I do not need to be handling my phone all the time. I see this issue has been ongoing for over 3 years now so I guess Apple does not care that we want to turn their sacred cow off.

thanks but that defeats the problem. I do not need to be handling my phone all the time. I see this issue has been ongoing for over 3 years now so I guess Apple does not care that we want to turn their sacred cow off.

Why does it defeat the problem? Put a pass lock code on, turn off voice. Simples

iHolophyte

Every phone nowadays has voice control, why is it Apple's fault that you don't like it? And I wonder why you bought the new 4s if you've had the problem for 3 years?

iHolophyte has a good solution, if it doesn't work on your phone you may have an issue with your phone that Apple can fix. Have you tried doing a hard reset? Or maybe we're not quite understanding your issue with VC. Do you still want to use VC occasionally and not have to use PSL to turn it back on and off?

It defeats the problem because I HAVE TO HANDLE THE PHONE TO KEYIN THE UNLOCK BEFORE USING ANY OTHER FUNCTION! I drive a semitruck do you really want me beside you fiddling with a pass lock code.

It is tempting to disuss the eating habits of ten thousand flies but that would be crude. While waiting for responses I kept clarifing my search terms. I found a similar thread that is three years old concerning this same issue hence my coments.

Put in a pass code and then set it to require it in 4 hours. Can you handle your phone once in 4 hours?