What's new

SwiftKey

Chris R

Reaction score
I down loaded this app and installed. Sometimes when I go to text someone a keyboard won't even pop up. Is anyone else having this issue and if so what did you do to correct it?

I had this issue on my iPad Air, I did a hard reset by holding down my on/off and home button until the apple appears, This fixed it and the problem hasn't happened since.

OK well guess I'm doing a hard reset then. Thanks again

I also had trouble with Swiftkey on iPhone 6 and iPad Air. They would not come up as the first keyboard. Had to hit the Emoji button twice to make it come up. Finally, I was typing with it and bumped something on the screen and the Apple keyboard came back up. I deleted the app from both. Too much trouble with little benefit for me.

I also had trouble with Swiftkey on iPhone 6 and iPad Air. They would not come up as the first keyboard. Had to hit the Emoji button twice to make it come up. Finally, I was typing with it and bumped something on the screen and the Apple keyboard came back up. I deleted the app from both. Too much trouble with little benefit for me.
You just keep clicking on the globe for the keyboard you want to use.

My only complaint is that it does not become the default keyboard for everything. For example when you are required to put in your appleid and password it defaults to the system keyboard with no option to switch to another keyboard.

Though after thinking about it I can get Apple's reason for doing it that way. They just want to be sure that it is a human typing in the appleid and password and not some rogue app posing as a keyboard and doing a brute force attack on someone's apple account.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5c using Tapatalk!

Delete the apple keyboard and move the SwiftKey keyboard to the top. Place emoji as second. Then it will be your default. The keyboard does has bugs. Hope they fix it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delete the apple keyboard and move the SwiftKey keyboard to the top. Place emoji as second. Then it will be your default. The keyboard does has bugs. Hope they fix it soon.

Ok wasn't aware that you can delete the stock keyboard in settings.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5c using Tapatalk!

As far as I'm aware you can't delete the Apple keyboard or any of the stock apps unless something has changed in IOS 8.

You can't do that. Besides, Apple has restricted 3rd party keyboards from certain places. These keyboards can see what you type. So there is security risk. You can not use these keyboards in the App Store, Amazon, QVC, Bank apps, PayPal, the Apple Store app, and etc. I don't think you can use them in Safari. Not sure. So you need your stock keyboard.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

I deleted the apple keyboard on mine and SwiftKey works every where on mine including the app store.

Please DO tell us how you are deleting the stock keyboard in iOs8??? Screen shot as well please. Tnx!

You don't delete anything. Just rearrange the keyboards so the one you want as default us at the top. You can't delete stock keyboard as it's needed for entering passwords etc