What's new

Swap to iPhone5

AussieRosco

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to upgrade to iPhone5.

How do I get all my Apps and data to the new phone.

I want give me iPhone4 to my wife. How do I unlock it for a new provider

Can I back up two I phones to my laptop.

They might sound silly questions, but I'm 69 so I need to catch up a little.

Thank you

Regards

Eric

Backup your 4 to iTunes, plug in your 5 into iTunes and restore the backup. As for apps and such, you'll have to do that through the Store or Apps section of iTunes and just sync those purchases back over.

You can backup 2 phones to your PC. Just make sure you differentiate the Apple IDs on each device. Otherwise, you might end up having messages forwarded to both devices if the same Apple ID is used and such.

That depends on your carrier and what carrier you're trying to unlock to. Only the GSM can be unlocked and used on another GSM network. Most carriers will unlock your device for free once your contract is up or if you meet certain requirements. A small fee may or may not be required for this, but nothing substantial.

Not silly at all. It's better to make sure and double check if you're unsure before doing something.

Just a little help from me:
First, you must register your new iPhone on App Store, with your account.. iTunes application will do the rest in synchronization process...
Edit:
Wilrezz2... you beat me in one minute posting earlier ;)

Sent from Apple iPad 4

Last edited:
Wow you guys are so quick

Thank you both for your help

Regards

Eric

Hi,

I want to upgrade to iPhone5.

How do I get all my Apps and data to the new phone.

I want give me iPhone4 to my wife. How do I unlock it for a new provider

Can I back up two I phones to my laptop.

They might sound silly questions, but I'm 69 so I need to catch up a little.

Thank you

Regards

Eric

To transfer everything to your new iPhone, back up your old iPhone with iTunes on your computer, then set up your new iPhone from the backup you made.

As for unlocking, your first step should be to go to your cellular provider and ask if they will unlock it.

Yes, you can back up two iPhones on the same computer.