What's new

Suddenly unable to delete text conversations? WTH

liguy257

Reaction score
Gotta admit, starting to get as annoyed with this phone as I was with my Droid--I really thought the days of straight-up random s*** happening were behind me.

Anyway, my phone decided I'm not allowed to delete text message conversations and I"m not sure why. I click "Edit" to get the little red "-" signs next to each convo, but when I click it, the Delete button pops up and then vanishes right away.

Need someone to explain this to me before I go back to verizon. I did get a chain text from a friend of mine and that seems to be when this started, but I have no idea if the two things are related. I don't want all these message in my app anymore though--this is extremely annoying.

what happens before the red delete button disappears? receive a new text or anything at all? pressing the red button? some times you can press but you actually some how miss it.

even not jailbroken i manage to not hit the delete button and it just diss appears then i go at it for a few seconds and i press it correctly lol... not something that happens often but it has done once or twice

are you trying to delete more than 1 at a time? because hiting a second message will remove the delete from the previous

It appears he hasnt come back to his own post.

I hate when people complain, but then dont even follow up on their own threads...

what happens before the red delete button disappears? receive a new text or anything at all? pressing the red button? some times you can press but you actually some how miss it.

No, it's not that I'm hitting it wrong! I wish it was that simple. As I described it, I hit Edit, then click the red circle minus sign, then the Red Delete button shows up and then goes away instantly. On all texts no matter what I do. I can go into the text and hit "clear all", but I cannot delete conversations from the conversation list.

he prob not tuch the screen the right way i never heard such a thing is ur iphone jb ?

Yes I'm touching the screen the right way...come on now! I'd be pretty sad if I was getting annoyed by something I was causing.

are you trying to delete more than 1 at a time? because hiting a second message will remove the delete from the previous

Nope, not trying to delete one at a time.

It appears he hasnt come back to his own post.
I hate when people complain, but then dont even follow up on their own threads...

I didn't get an email until now that there were replies.

Anyway if I have time tomorrow I'll try to take a video w/ my camera so you can see what I'm talking about. Obviously I'm not touching the screen wrong and it's not caused by another message coming in or trying to delete mult. msgs at once... it's very random.