What's new

Suddenly Can't Receive Mail

LDHunter

Reaction score
I noticed this morning that my Verizon iPhone is sending mail fine but nothing received on my Earthlink or Gmail account. My desktop computer is sending and receiving mail for both email accounts just fine so I doubt it's an email server problem. It's over 30 minutes now that the iPhone can't receive test emails from either server.

Anyone else?

If it's a server issue, then give it some times, about a day and try it later to see if the server issue is solve, if you didn't change any mail box settings on yoir phone then it's surely a server issue and whatever you will do will just be helpless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called tech support and they had me check a bunch of settings on the phone and still no joy...

I can't afford to wait as I'm a Realtor and do a lot of business via email. It will anchor me to my desktop computer until this issue is resolved.... :(

Like i told u, there is nothing that you can do if that issue is sever related. If you want, you can soft reset your phone by pressing both power on/off and home buttons untill you see the apple logo, then you release both buttons. In addition, you can delete your accounts and set them up again. That's all you can do and maybe it will help if it's not sever issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its definitely a server isssue because my gmail was working and now it is not. I deleted and added it again but it say cannot connect using ssl or something. Seems like alot of people are having this issue.

I was having minor burps too... I feel it is a combo of the Verizon servers and Apples communicating...I also am thinking positive that most of these hassles will be eased by time since the iPhone is new to Verizon and visa versa...just sayin!

I couldn't get back to the forum after my first couple of posts due to a crazy schedule yesterday but the problem starting getting better an hour or two later and mail started trickling in but the newer messages came in before the older ones. That's a sure sign of mail server problems and I suspect it was all related to either Verizon or Apple because my desktop continued to get and receive mail quickly and in the proper order.

I know that email isn't a perfect science and we're all spoiled by our technology and it's generally bullet proof reliability but it's still very annoying when it burps even for a few hours.

Rant off... ;)

I've had service with all the major carriers except AT&T and I think Verizon is the best of the best in the long run and I know I pay a premium for their service but it's worth it.

I also like my iPhone a lot but coming from the PC world I sure do miss my pull down menus and get tired of having to google for help in learning to do things. My BlackBerry was a lot more intuitive to use but that still may be due to my PC background.... :(

After I did the 4.2.8 update on my verizon iphone, one of my email accounts stopped working. I powered the phone off and on, and nothing. So today, after over 24 hours of no mail for that account, I deleted the account on my phone, and added it back again and set it back up. Mail started coming in immediately.

had the same problem, restarted my phone and it was fixed!