What's new

Yahoo email not downloading new messages...

Hamlet

Reaction score
I received my first ever iPhone on Friday. I have the iPhone 5 on the Sprint Network and I set it up on Friday and everything including my Yahoo/Verizon email worked fine. Yesterday, I was unable to receive (or send for that matter) messages. It will tell me "downloading 1 of 4" for example but nothing ever actually downloads. Bascially my Yahoo mailbox is empty on the iPhone. Oddly enough I am also unable to download/send/receive mail on my iPod Touch since yesterday too (although that did manage to download two items this morning but nothing since).

I can't find any infomation on the web about the email service being down.

I added Yahoo email as an app and am using it that way right now and that sends and receives fine and does the email account when I access it on a computer. It's the iPhone Mailbox that can't seem to operate normally. I added my Hotmail account just to see if it can send/receive and it can.

Anybody have any ideas/thoughts/knowledge on this.

You couldn't of added a worst email then a hot mail account for verification. Try using a gmail account. See how that works for you.

I use gmail and have absolutely no problems receiving/sending mail. No special app either.

I'm with Hook in recommending Gmail. It has not failed me as well since using that email account. I have had issues with yahoo more some than hotmail ..two email accounts before going to gmail. I am very pleased with the reliability of gmail and its calendar syncs.

Same here, although I also have hotmail. I use the Exchange version with no problems.

When I started using gmail, you had to have an invite to get an account. That goes back years and it's still the best IMO.

Thank your for the advice on switching emails. That's not what I want to do at the moment.

It turns out my iPhone let me send an email. But I still cannot receive new ones or download existing ones.

Is it normal to not see "Incoming Mail Server" listed under the account? I see "Outgoing Mail Server" - Yahoo!SMTP Server - but I see nothing listed for Incoming.

I have this problem, 2!

Decide to switch to gmail already