What's new

stuck on apple logo

aguy14

Reaction score
I have a 2nd gen ipod 8gb, i had a bad home button and created a enter dfu ipsw with redsnow. I jailbroke and am stuck on the apple logo. I can open up the ipod and successfully activate the home button switch with a knife, but i cant seem to get off of the apple logo. can anyone help?

I used redsnow. if i leave the ipod plugged in it boots the apple logo and then reboots, showing the low battery icon. i dont care about my data. i just cant find a fix anywhere. thanks for the response.

Last edited:
If its showing the low battery icon, try charging it a bit first.... If it was successfully jailbroken, holding the volume up button and plugging in the iPod while holding the volume up button until the iPod boots up. Without a functioning home button, it's hard to troubleshoot your device

I have tried charging it, and i am not sure how successful the jailbreak was. i can use my home button, but once i put the mid-frame back i might not be able to.

Well you can try holding the home button while plugging in your iPod to your computer and hold t until you're in recovery mode. Then use the DFU IPSW again and try to restore.

i have tried holding the home button while plugging in in and that didn't seem to work. maybe i will try again. as for tiny umbrella, i have no idea how to use the program. i have no saved blobs either.

Try using tinyumbrella and set it up that way

TinyUmbrella's recovery fix won't fix this error. It's linked to the fact that maybe the jailbreak or some system file was corrupted. More so that it can be a hardware problem

Last edited:
That is very true after reading all the conversation do you know of any possible water damage try plugging in to iTunes in dfu and taking back to factory and try again

i cant seem to get into dfu mode.

aguy14 said:
i cant seem to get into dfu mode.

open up iTunes and hold down the home button then put the lead in still holding the button and see if it recognises it

it doesn't recognize it, but holding the home button prevents a reboot. how long should it take? i held it a long time...

You're going to have to open up the iPod and see if you can fix the home button or check to see if any hardware problem exists, or, you'll need a new device