What's new

stuck on apple logo

You're going to have to open up the iPod and see if you can fix the home button or check to see if any hardware problem exists, or, you'll need a new device
as far as i can can tell, the home button assembly is not making contact with the midframe. like i said, i can activate it with a knife. it turns the screen on and of during the low battery cycle. i want to do anything i can to keep it working, i was thinking of getting a new device after christmass. would swaping the memory with something else work? there shouldn't be a hardware problem unless it occurred during the jail break. thanks :)

Last edited:
The only known cause of this that I know of is a hardware problem. It might be that something went wrong during the jailbreaking process that might've caused a software problem, I can't give you a full answer since I don't have the device in front of me. But let's start back at the basics. Your iPod Touch is a 2nd gen, so I'd assume you're jailbreaking on iOS 4.2.1 no?

Okay. I assume you used RedSn0w to jailbreak the device? Walk us through each step you took and any abnormalities you may have seen

i downloaded the 4.2.1 ipsw, created a enter dfu ipsw, restored with that. i jailbroke and got stuck on downloading jailbreak data. i re-restored and jailbroke without installing cydia. i got to the pinnaple, it rebooted. i cant remember if it did it its self, or i did. that brings us to present.

Did you select the IPSW again before pressing the jailbreak button? That allows a clean exploit that's needed for flawless jailbreaking

i finally got it to dfu, suuuuuuuuper delayed wtf. i didnt have time to restore to 4.2.1 and still have enter dfu. i selected 4.2.1 ipsw and it jailbroke. i am still on the pinnaple so we will see...

back to the same problem. guess i will try again. i am not sure why it only dfu-ed for me once though...

i got it, supper delyled tethered boot. it went about 5 mins after i booted. thanks guys!

If that's the case, then there's something wrong with your iPhone somewhere. Normally it shouldn't take a minute let alone 5