What's new

Stuck at 4.1

marytri

Reaction score
I was running 4.3.5 and had my brother in law upgrade to 5.1.1 the next thing i know my phone is no longer recognizing the sim card and it would not turn back on. I was stuck at the apple logo and the spinning wheel. I took it to the store only to hear that the phone can only be restoresd to 4.1 I am stuck at this version and i have nothing on the phone. Can some one tell me if there is any way i am able to uprade my ios or am i really stuck here becasue he messed up my baseband?

PLEASE help! Thank you!

And what Baseband is your 3GS currently on? I should have asked that last time as well, sorry. It'll be under Settings>General>About... next to "Modem Firmware"

Ok, What i see here is the following!

06.15.00 I hope this helps.

I apreciate all your help. I hope there is a way i can make this phoen to what it was. Thank you in advance.

There's a chance that your 3GS wasn't compatible w/ the iPad BB... 6.15.00. For it to be compatible it needs to have manufactured before the 35th week of 2011. Here's the process for finding out your manufacture date..... You check the 3rd, 4th and 5th digits of your serial number. The 3rd digit is the year(i.e. if it was an "8" then your phone was manufactured in 2008). The 4th and 5th digits are the week of that year in which it was manufactured(if the 4th digit is a "3" and the 5th digit is a "5" then your iPhone was manufactured in the 35th week).

It's 112.... So i suppose it would be compatiable.

U can downgrade 6,15 baseband now !!!
Downgrade to 5.13.04
Download latest version of reds now
Put original firmware and jailbreak only clicking downgrade iPad baseband
Takes 8-10 mins

Then install new ipsw/ jailbreak / unlock / you're good