What's new

Storage problems?

lovebugs131

Reaction score
Ok so I have a 128gb iPhone 6s; yesterday I was using 32 gb of storage and now I'm using 111 gb. I haven't downloaded anything large recently. I've tried restarting the phone, syncing through iTunes, and restoring from a backup. In iTunes its showing that new space as being used up by Documents and Data. I don't watch movies on my phone and don't do many things with documents that would be that large. How can I figure what is in my documents and data section that could be so large? Or how can I get that free space back?

If you back up your iPhone, then restore from that backup it should free up that extra storage space. If it doesn't, something else is using up that storage. If you go to Settings>General>Storage & iCloud Usage>Manage Storage and scroll down the list of installed apps, checking each one, you'll find the one that's using all that storage space as documents and data. You may have to delete the app and re-install it to free up all the used storage space. Then make sure to turn off background app refresh for that app.

Last edited: