What's new

Stop accepting charge after 100%??

Rever3nce

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has already been asked but does your iPhone stop receiving a charge after it reaches 100%? I searched but found very little to no answer. I know it's normally not good to charge a phone overnight but I have heard before that apple products stop accepting a charge when they are at 100. If this is true then is it ok for me to charge it over night? Thanks for any help and sorry again if this has been asked

It's absolutely okay to charge your iPhone overnight. The charging system is "smart." The rate varies depending on the amount of charge the battery has at a particular moment, and it will not overcharge. BTW, it also won't let the battery become completely discharged, which can be very bad for that type. It will shut the phone down until you get some charge back into it.

Often times you wake up in the morning to find 98% charge after a full night plugged into the wall. That means it turns off when it's full.

Often times you wake up in the morning to find 98% charge after a full night plugged into the wall. That means it turns off when it's full.

Letting the phone run completely down until it shuts off once a month should properly recalibrate the charge meter. If the battery is actually 100% fully charged (charged overnight) and the meter shows less 100%, then the meter needs to be recalibrated. A dead phone to full 100% charge shouldn't take more than 3 hours.

Thanks for the reply's !!! Really do appreciate it