What's new

Stop alert when 100% charge reached?

fatal.lordes

Reaction score
Hi All

New to iphones and I've worked out how to set the Do Not Distub at night but it still seems to be alerting me with sound and turning on the display when it reached 100% charge - at least that is what I'm assuming it is doing as there are no messages or alerts displayed but I note that the charge is at 100%. Am I right in assuming this and, if so, how do I stop it from doing that?

Thanks

Neither of the iPhones I have owned have ever alerted me when reaching full charge. I would say it is coincidence and you are receiving some other alert. Go to the Notification Center and see what apps you have alerts set for and adjust from there.

Well, I wondered that but could find nothing. Also I would have thought, since it was on Do Not Disturb, that it wouldn't have sent any alerts anyway. Weird...

As it intended (but there are always errors)...the only alerts that should be going through are the timer (clock) for the alarm, and if you allow anyone to call through. OR if you happen to not have it in lock mode...DND will be disabled.

I would take everything out of the notification center for one night just to have some "rule outs" and go from there. It might take a bit of investigating to get to the bottom of it.

Also, when all else fails, sometimes a hard reset will solve little quirks with your phone. Hold down the on/off button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then release and wait for your phone to reboot.