What's new

Steve Jobs Touched By How iPad Helps Girl With Sight Problems

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
54738.jpg

Touched by the story of how the iPad helps a young girl with sight disabilities, Steve Jobs asks to share the email with top leaders at Apple, reports the Herald Sun.

Fiona Bligh recently emailed the Apple CEO to share how the iPad has helped her daughter. Holly Bligh, 9, has albinism, a genetic condition that affects not only the pigment in her skin, hair and eyes, but also her vision. Previously, Holy had to use a magnifying glass and enlarged photocopies to participate in school classes.

The iPad now allows Holly to easy zoom in on class material with clarity and doubles the time she can read before "visual fatigue" sets in.

"Holly's enthusiasm to read has grown so much, and it's definitely increased her independence," Ms Bligh said.

Within hours of emailing Jobs, Fiona received a response.

"Thanks for sharing your experience with me. Do you mind if I read your email to a group of our top 100 leaders at Apple?" he wrote.

Jobs also asked for a high-resolution photo of Holly with her iPad.

"I never thought we would hear back," Ms Bligh said. "I know a lot of people think it's just a great gadget, but it's completely changed Holly's life."

"All the other kids think it's awesome that she gets an iPad!" Ms Bligh wrote to the Apple boss. "Sometimes in the past Holly has found her extra equipment embarrassing ... But the iPad has a coolness factor!"

Lovely story, be even more so if Apple awarded a new latest full spec iPad to this very resourceful and deserving young lady.

Could we start a petition?

CP

Great story. Was it published in a major publication?

Great story, i'm sure that Steve will now think about how to make the zoom while reading much much better.