What's new

Spotlight search problems on iPhone 6

lukimyu

Reaction score
On some occasions, when I try to use the spotlight search I encountered these problems.
1. The keyboard does not show up so am unable to type anything.
2. I type something eg searching for an app. The search bears no results of any kind.
I also have a third party keyboard called "Fancy keyboard" Could this keyboard be causing the problem? I doubt it as the keyboard works fine everywhere else.

Hello maybe try to
Reset iPhone 6: Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at
the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. And maybe it will work after hard reset.

If you can't find apps with Spotlight Search, look at Settings - General - Spotlight Search. Applications has to be check marked to show you results when you use Spotlight Search.

Hello maybe try to
Reset iPhone 6: Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at
the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. And maybe it will work after hard reset.
Yes I have been doing that every time I have the problem. It does fix the issue but I'm sick of doing that every time. Did not have any of these problems before with iPhone 5.

If you can't find apps with Spotlight Search, look at Settings - General - Spotlight Search. Applications has to be check marked to show you results when you use Spotlight Search.
That's not the problem as I do have everything ticked. There are no results at all. Almost like I didn't type anything.

Yes I have been doing that every time I have the problem. It does fix the issue but I'm sick of doing that every time. Did not have any of these problems before with iPhone 5.

So please do try what J.A. Advice [emoji4]and let us know if it solve your problems .

Try to change your spotlight priority search
Open Settings then tap “General”
Tap on “Spotlight Search” and then drag the categories to their desired search position.
Applications were moved on top, leaving Spotlight to first show any matching apps above anything else. Arrange the categories according to your preference, and if you don’t want anything from a particular category showing up in the results tap on the checkmark to exclude it. Here is photo

cdf4f34bae115b54843b216ac3bafac3.jpg

e9558134cb5c860b52960e93803997f8.jpg

Last edited:
Tap on “Spotlight Search” and then drag the categories to their desired search position.
Applications were moved on top, leaving Spotlight to first show any matching apps above anything else. Arrange the categories according to your preference, and if you don’t want anything from a particular category showing up in the results tap on the checkmark to exclude it. Here is photo

image.jpg

This is what it looks like. No keyboard. No search.

Try this to solve your problem with spotlight search: send an email from your iPhone to yourself and open it on your iPhone. For some users, this fixed the issue you're experiencing.

Check to make sure Spotlight Suggestions is not turned off in System Services

Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services>Spotlight Suggestions>ON

I have been having this problem since ios 7 on my IPhone 5. It happens daily on my Iphone 6 plus although I always have a keyboard. The only solutions I have are these: sometimes it shows the Spotlight list after a slight delay but mostly I have to turn the phone off and then on again.