What's new

Sounds stupid, but I have to know. . .

PDADoc

Reaction score
When I got my iPad and iPhone 4 this Christmas, I also got a $200 gift card with it. While I was shopping on Apple Store, I saw the Apple TV module and ordered one. I got it but haven't opened it yet in case my perception of what it can do is wrong and then I can return it.

So, other than streaming movies and pictures to my TV, can I use it to present PowerPoint slides, do you think? That would be really helpful to me.

Again, sorry for the dumb question but I don't know and the best way to find out is to ask someone. Too many people on some sites excoriate people for asking questions these days.

Any help is appreciated!

I think you can only stream things bought from iTunes to it. There is a jailbreak that's available for it but I don't know the datails and which versions it works on...

or you can always call apple or go to an apple store and ask a store rep to be sure

or you can always call apple or go to an apple store and ask a store rep to be sure

I could, except for one thing: I HATE going to the Apple Store! In the NYC area, I have to work waaay too hard to get any help, and I don't like the attitude of the kids that work in these stores, they're either smartmouths or they treat you like you're their buddy from school. I was in the Lincoln Center store last week, and I tried for 20 minutes to get someone to help me before I started to leave, then someone finally came up to me and said "what can I getcha, man?"

Maybe your experience is different from mine, but I don't want someone my son's age talking to me like he knows me.

Besides, I didn't see the harm in asking here, thought someone who has one might be able to provide me with anecdotal information.

i have read that you can stream anything that is playing on your computer but it might have been a flash or jailbreak done to it. they are cheap and allow you to do alot of things the atv wont let you. check out atvflash .com and read about it there or checkout there forum.

i have read that you can stream anything that is playing on your computer but it might have been a flash or jailbreak done to it. they are cheap and allow you to do alot of things the atv wont let you. check out atvflash .com and read about it there or checkout there forum.

Sounds interesting. I checked out the Web site and while it doesn't seem to allow for Office documents, it's worth keeping an eye on, so I guess I'll hold onto the device for a bit longer, but I won't open it yet.

Thanks everyone for the tips. :D