What's new

Sounds on xr

Marie86

Reaction score
on my XR I’ve noticed there is no vibration or sound when receiving text or messages on what’s app and when I get phone call it rings normal for a second then goes really quiet. All the settings are on for sounds and vibrate and the phone not on silent am I missing something or is there a fault with phone?

That is the first thing I thought of but switched it off and still no sound. Yet when I go into settings and play ringtones they all work fine and are loud enough but still too quiet when I get call.

WhatsApp has it’s own settings, where you can manage sounds and preview. In the app, go to Settings - Notifications.

The iPhone XR has something called “Attention-Aware Features”. When your device notices that you’re looking at it when it rings, it will automatically lower the ringer volume. If you want to turn off this feature, go to Settings - Face ID & Passcode - Attention-Aware Features, and disable it.

Didn’t know that thanks will try it out. Well problem solved I needed to update it to the latest iOS.

The iPhone XR has something called “Attention-Aware Features”. When your device notices that you’re looking at it when it rings, it will automatically lower the ringer volume. If you want to turn off this feature, go to Settings - Face ID & Passcode - Attention-Aware Features, and disable it.

I’ve been wondering why my XR was doing that, thanks for the explanation [emoji106]

Hello Everyone, I have an iphone XR been noticing lately that there is no sounds for calls, texts, email, etc. I have been missing lots of calls, and text, etc. I have to keep looking at my phone and that is when I see my missed calls, etc. I have an iwatch and I sometimes get my alerts on my watch. Any suggestions & advice would be greatly appreciated.

You may have checked this already, but check that you don’t have the ring/silent switch thrown top left hand side.