What's new

Sony Takes Another Swing at iOS Gaming

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYGiqG2Tfd4]YouTube - Kristennetsirk - Xperia PLAY[/ame]​

Sony is at it again! A few months back Sony ran an ad for the PSP which attacked iOS games for not being hardcore enough for the average gamer, and now, reports TUAW, they have a series of ads for the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY Android smartphone that once again target the iOS gaming platform. Featuring Kristen Schaal from Flight of the Conchords, the ads compare the Xperia PLAY to “another smartphone.” It's all fairly light-hearted, with digs at the iPhone’s touchscreen controls and the size of the screen, at the same time as focusing on the merits of the Xperia PLAY's slide-out PlayStation game controller, which actually looks pretty cool, it has to be said! The ads also have some pretty robust language, but it’s all fairly tongue in cheek, the sort of thing an online gamer will be well used to! (Don't worry, we've picked one of the milder ads to feature at the top of this post, to spare everyone's blushes!) These ad spots make a lot more sense than the PSP ones, appealing to those iOS gamers who would like a physical controller, so might Sony actually be onto something here?

Source: Xperia Play ad rags on iPhone gaming

sony is much better for gaming.. ps3 :D... idevices are good but touch screen only ? they cant compete with sony

Too bad apple will never do something like that with the iPhone... :(

i would hate it if apple did something like that... imagine how chunky it would become and annoying for those non gamers..

i think there are already add ons you can buy for the iphone to have it like that

The phone doesn't look that chunky in the video. Apple would need to have one of each type.

I've see that game pad thing. It didn't look that good IMO. I think it was Bluetooth as well so not good for battery...

Angry birds is my taste.
So far, Angry Birds has been downloaded 100 million times and its popularity continues unabated.