What's new

SOLVED -iTunes 10.4 not seeing iPhone 4 after a reboot

errolgreer

Reaction score
I had the problem that after a reboot (Win7, iTunes 10.4.1) iTunes no longer saw the iPhone4, unless I uninstalled, then re-installed iTunes. I thought there must be a service that was not running, although the service "Apple Device Service" was shown as running in Task Manager. I right clicked on this service, clicked stop, and then clicked start. This solves the problem.

Has anyone out there had this problem before, or is it a problerm only on my PC, I wonder ?

I will click in the Windows logo (bottom left) and types services, open the "Services" and look for the "Apple Device Service". Right click on the services and go to properties, make sure that the "Startup Type" is set to Automatic, if is not change it to it and restart the PC and see if that help any.

I will click in the Windows logo (bottom left) and types services, open the "Services" and look for the "Apple Device Service". Right click on the services and go to properties, make sure that the "Startup Type" is set to Automatic, if is not change it to it and restart the PC and see if that help any.

I checked and it was already set to Automatic. So there must be some other reason this service does not start correctly after a Win reboot. It is a nuisance but not too much of a hassle to stop and restart the service after a rebbot, but it would be nice to know why this problem exists !