What's new

iTunes is lazy

imser75

Reaction score
Hi people.

Lately I have a problem with my iTunes and iPhone. Mostly with iTunes though.
When I plug in my phone to the comp (using Win7) it takes forever for iTunes to start up. Like 2-3 minutes or more. Even when I don´t have the phone connected it takes this long. When I browse on the bars (info, pictures, music etc) it freezes. Have to shut it down using the task manager.
I´ve uninstalled and re-installed it several times.
When I sync it, once again it takes forever. And when I check in my Outlook, none of the notes and/or contacs have been updated.

Running iTunes 10.4.1 and iOS 4.3.3 with RedSn0w jailbreak.
Don´t want to reset the phone since I´m not sure text mess, notes, pics and contacts will be saved during the syncs.

What do I do wrong and what can I do to fix it?
Thanks in advance, and I apologise for any typos.

Professionally when ever I hear this situation, for any program, the root cause is rogue program, virus or other misbehaved application that has been installed on the machine in question.

How do you mean? I´ve downloaded the iTunes installer from their site every time I´ve tried to install it. So hopefully it won´t contain any virus and should work properly

iTunes isn't the problem. It's another app or combo of apps that is your problem.

Are you sure about that? Since it takes forever for iTunes to start even when the phone is not connected....

Positive. Do yourself a favor and backup all your data. Reinstall Windows. Reinstall iTunes. Test it. Bet it works exactly like you expect it. Then start installing one application at a time. Test iTunes after every install of a new app. Odds are, when iTunes starts running slowly again, you know exactly which application is causing the issue.