What's new

So is there anything I can do to stop pop-ups/ad-verts on the internet ?

SubzeroA

Reaction score
I have a 5C with IOS 8 and when I browse the internet I'll get pop ups and advertising crap playing every so often probably using up my bandwidth too.

I was thinking of maybe some app but I read this in another thread asking about a app to block pop-ups and advertising this is the answer that was given by member:

"The sandboxing features of iOS would prevent it from working."

Ok so let me get this right there's nothing we can do to stop this ? as great as the phone is we lose out to this unwanted BS ? I just have a hard time to believe Apple would allow this to happen to it's user. Am I missing something here ?

In the address bar, after your page has loaded, you should see 4 parallel horizontal lines and the words Reader View Available. If you click on that you should just see text. Also in Settings under Privacy, Advertising toggle on limit ad tracking and you might want to occasionally reset the Advertising Identifier. image.jpgimage.jpg

I don't see the "see 4 parallel horizontal lines and the words Reader View Available" your talking about, please explain further I use Verizon by the way.

But I did reset the Advertising Identifier. But not sure how much that will really help.

You will see what is in the picture I attached when you are in a website where that is available. Iphoneforums is not one of those sites, no pop-ups here. Also toggle on the limit ad tracking button.

This still is happening all the time. This is so ridiculous I have to put up with this. It's also hard to believe that all the iPhone users in world all put up with this also. At least the ones who browse the internet often.

I don't know what to tell you. I do not get any pop ups and I rarely use my computer anymore. Almost all of my internet use is on my iPhone and I told you how I set it up. There must be something you are missing but I do not know what that is.