What's new

How do I get an extra window on home screen

coolemerald

Reaction score
Last night I was browsing around on my iPhone 4S when one of the windows got stuck in a loop of some sort, I couldn't delete it or anything. So I did the little trick where you turn it off while holding down the home button. It fixed the problem, I went to sleep. this morning I get up and one of my windows is missing on the homescreen. I've tried looking this up on the internet and on this forum, but I keep getting results back telling me how to add ICONS to the homescreen and that's not what I want. I had three windows; one blank, and two others with apps/icons, etc. Now there are only two, so how do I get that screen back?

I'm not sure you can. Once you remove all icons from a screen iOS deleted the screen.

mwhartman said:
I'm not sure you can. Once you remove all icons from a screen iOS deleted the screen.

What I mean is I had 3 screens. One of them had that little shelf thing on the bottom with the 4 icons I had put there & nothing else on the screen so I could have whatever photo visible that I wanted to. There were 2 other screens with all my icons. Now that first screen is gone ( ive had the phone for a week like that & it's been fine). So for no reason I can think of, the first screen is gone.

What I mean is I had 3 screens. One of them had that little shelf thing on the bottom with the 4 icons I had put there & nothing else on the screen so I could have whatever photo visible that I wanted to. There were 2 other screens with all my icons. Now that first screen is gone ( ive had the phone for a week like that & it's been fine). So for no reason I can think of, the first screen is gone.

I'm guessing the four icons at the botom is your dock. They will remain on all screens. Typically, the first screen is your home screen and as you add screens the appear by swiping left. Initially, I thought you had a blank screen and not one with a photo. Did you install an app that displays photos?

I'm ignorant about some of this stuff, so I'm probably wording everything completely wrong, which is confusing, I'm sorry. Yes, the four icons on bottom is the dock. I had one screen with only that on it, and I used one of my own pics as the wallpaper. That's all I meant there, no app or anything. And then I had 2 more screens with apps on them. You know how there are little dots right above the dock that indicate how many windows you have and which window you're in? Well, there used to be the three, and now there is only two. Don't know how in the world that one disappeared but I'd really like it back.

You will have to move your icons to another screen to create a blank one. You can do this by holding your finger down on an icon until it wiggles. You keep you finger on it and swipe it to another screen. Or you can easily move icons and create your screen pages under the Apps tab in iTunes. You will need to have your phone connected.

I'm ignorant about some of this stuff, so I'm probably wording everything completely wrong, which is confusing, I'm sorry. Yes, the four icons on bottom is the dock. I had one screen with only that on it, and I used one of my own pics as the wallpaper. That's all I meant there, no app or anything. And then I had 2 more screens with apps on them. You know how there are little dots right above the dock that indicate how many windows you have and which window you're in? Well, there used to be the three, and now there is only two. Don't know how in the world that one disappeared but I'd really like it back.

Thanks for the clarification.

Okay, I understand what you're trying to explain. All you have to do is from your last page, is move it a page over. Then you keep doing that all the way until you get to the first page. move all from the first page to the next one, then hit home button. It works. Yes I understand my phone is jailbroken but there is no files to help this. Hope you understand :)

As you can see. Second page icons, First page, no except dock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 374
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 401
read my post x.