What's new

iphone4 "Contacts" icon deleted from home screen accidentally

micandsus

Reaction score
The Contacts icon was found missing from my iphone4 home screen. I pressed the home key twice and found the icon again by scrolling along the bottom, but couldn't figure out how to restore it to the home screen. I ended up pressing and holding it until it shook and saw that it had a minus sign on it. I pressed the minus sign thinking maybe that would move it from the bottom list back to the home page. Now I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone offer a suggestion or solution to my dumb move? Can it really be gone forever?? Thanks much!

You can also reset your home screen layout and move the icons around again. Settings, general, reset, reset home screen layout.

Strange... there is no utilities folder anywhere on my phone. But I did do a search for "contacts" and found the app icon. Now it appears again at the bottom of the phone when I double-press the home key. Any way to get it to go back to the home screen from there?

Strange... there is no utilities folder anywhere on my phone. But I did do a search for "contacts" and found the app icon. Now it appears again at the bottom of the phone when I double-press the home key. Any way to get it to go back to the home screen from there?
Check that, my fault -- I did a search for Utilities and found nothing. But then found that the utilities folder IS indeed on my phone, but on my second screen, with purchased apps. And indeed, "Contacts" was in it! Thanks much. I moved it back to the phone screen. But now it, along with the Utilities, is stuck on the 2nd screen. I thought I could make it wobble and then move it to the first screen but it won't go, maybe because the first screen is full? But when I try to move something from the first screen (home) to the 2nd screen, it won't go? What am I doing wrong?

Check that, my fault -- I did a search for Utilities and found nothing. But then found that the utilities folder IS indeed on my phone, but on my second screen, with purchased apps. And indeed, "Contacts" was in it! Thanks much. I moved it back to the phone screen. But now it, along with the Utilities, is stuck on the 2nd screen. I thought I could make it wobble and then move it to the first screen but it won't go, maybe because the first screen is full? But when I try to move something from the first screen (home) to the 2nd screen, it won't go? What am I doing wrong?
Okay, forget it, I googled how to move these icons and found out -- have to move it and hold it at the edge until it goes to next page! I'm all set now. Thanks so much to tortelliniguy and xrayeyes!