What's new

getting pop up ads on my screen

big a

Reaction score
i just jailbroke my iphone 4 and am getting little pop up adds at the top of my screen on my newly downloaded themes off winterboard. is there another app to download to prevent this or a setting to change or am i just stuck with adds popping up from time to time because it is jailbroken?

Although I can't find anything solid, a Google search shows others are having this problem as well, and it seems to be happening universally across themes. So my assumption would have to be that the current version of Winterboard is ad-supported. If so, probably not much you can do except purchase the paid version to get rid of the ads. (If there IS a paid version, don't know much about Winterboard myself)

Although I can't find anything solid, a Google search shows others are having this problem as well, and it seems to be happening universally across themes. So my assumption would have to be that the current version of Winterboard is ad-supported. If so, probably not much you can do except purchase the paid version to get rid of the ads. (If there IS a paid version, don't know much about Winterboard myself)
Winterboard has always been Free, I have the same issue with the ads running at the top of each and every theme even the one's i made. Adblocker does not work nor is activator. It only disappears when u uncheck any theme. However, i have not tested a paid theme. Tweaks and lockscreen themes are not affected by these iAds LOL

Been using winterboard themes for as long as I've had iPhones. Never had any pop up ads. I don't think it's witerboard but the themes your using. What ones are they and what repo are you downloading them from...?