What's new

So im new to this

dylandaniel91

Reaction score
Just got into the iPhone game and jail broke iOS 5. Now when I try to download 3rd party apps, it tells me " download failed: unexpected content" I've already searched for a solution but can't seem to find one. Any help?

So let's square this away... what generation iPhone are you on? 3GS, 4, 4S, etc... What version of iOS 5 are you on? 5.0 or 5.0.1... Also, are you trying to download apps from the Apple app store or through Cydia?

thomasjtsi said:
So let's square this away... what generation iPhone are you on? 3GS, 4, 4S, etc... What version of iOS 5 are you on? 5.0 or 5.0.1... Also, are you trying to download apps from the Apple app store or through Cydia?

Sorry, I should have clarified before. iPhone 4 running 5.0.1 and neither. It's a file from media file. Is it possible I need to download a download manager or something?

What you'll run into w/ the iPhone is... all you're going to be able to put on your phone is audio/pics in the proper format & applications/tweaks, etc. from iTunes or Cydia. Beyond that you're really tied down... even w/ being Jailbroke.

thomasjtsi said:
What you'll run into w/ the iPhone is... all you're going to be able to put on your phone is audio/pics in the proper format & applications/tweaks, etc. from iTunes or Cydia. Beyond that you're really tied down... even w/ being Jailbroke.

Ah I see. I just came from android so I wasn't used to that. Oh well. I have to admit, I'm an iPhone fan now. I had to hack my phone up and do so much to it to get it to run the way the iPhone did out of the box. I appreciate it!