What's new

So ~ I went to the Apple store to get my new phone....

SweetPoison said:
So ~ I have decided not to get the iPhone. Once and for all. Thanks everyone for your help ~

I think I am going to get this one:

Samsung Galaxy S II Android Smartphone

It is $530, no contract, unlimited everything @ $70 a month. It is an Android, with Gingerbread....which I know nothing about! Yet.

I have nothing negative to say about any product. I wouldn't be too discouraged for that device at all.

In my honest opinion, Samsung is the next best step to go. I believe they make THE BEST TVs, their branded mobile devices are absolutely great! And your choice of the Samsung Galaxy S II, is very smart. If I wasn't absolutely in love with the iPhone, I'd go for that device, hands down.

Besides. Anyone else notice that the Apple's A4 & A5 chips are made by Samsung?

Sweet, trust me. The iPhone is a WAY better choice. Android phones are garbage and buggy as hell. They get slow and you have to reformat /restore them about once every 6 Months. Its insane. Get an iPhone.

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

Man. You're killin me here, babe. I thought Android and Droid were the same thing? Don't even answer that. I so don't wanna know right now. I have done so much research on this phone and was hard pressed to find a down side. Google it. Reviews are awesome!

I got your PM.

I have nothing negative to say about any product. I wouldn't be too discouraged for that device at all.

In my honest opinion, Samsung is the next best step to go. I believe they make THE BEST TVs, their branded mobile devices are absolutely great! And your choice of the Samsung Galaxy S II, is very smart. If I wasn't absolutely in love with the iPhone, I'd go for that device, hands down.

Besides. Anyone else notice that the Apple's A4 & A5 chips are made by Samsung?

This is what I have been hearing. Pretty much every where, actually! I have wanted that iPhone from the first one and now here we are almost to the 5th one ~ and do I have one? That'd be a Hell No. Because every time I just can't be owned for two years. So ~

Thanks for the opinion on the Samsung.

I love my DX and Droid. Both were stable as hell. I have never had any major problems. It seems as if you just got problem phone after problem phone.

SP I would recomend the Galaxy SII for T-Mobile. Its a good solid device. By chance have you checked out Samsung Galaxy Forum - Galaxy S2 Forum They cover the Galaxy devices for Sprint, ATT, T-Mobile and Verizon and would have more insight into any problems that the SGSII might have.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Whew. I am glad you like it!

Oh. The Galaxy forums! Like I need One.More. But I would like to pop on over there and see what they all say! I know so many with an Android. My daughter has one. I think I know more with those than with iPhones, actually.

Thanks!

How do you know this? What is your source? If you look in this forum, the iPhone is having a lot of problems. If you look over at our iPad site, the iPad is having a lot of problems.

I have not found too many negative reviews on this phone yet, if any. I went to our sister site, the Android forum and no neg reviews there either, but I wasn't there long!

I'm not using Sprint, but T-mobile.

My source is the androidcentral forum for that phone on sprint. It is having bad loss of signal problems. The phone when plugged into the stock charger becomes unresponsive or very sluggish. The GPS take forever to lock. I do not know about T-mobile but they have a GSII forum for that also.

I had the iPhone 4, now I have the 4s, and I love them both. That said, I have had 3 Android based phones and have loved them all. They worked great and gave me no problems what so ever. My entire family has android phones and they love them as well. I am actually the only person out of the people I associate with who does NOT have an android phone. I have never complained about my android phone nor have I heard anyone complain about them. They are great - but so is the iPhone. I think you will be very happy either way.

Oh - and in case you're wondering, I switched to the iPhone due to a piece of software that I needed for school - at the time the android version of the software was garbage... But that's the software developers fault.

Take care,
Rob

i went from a iphone 4 to a Samsung infuse and had mixed emotions, the bigger screen was awesome and i liked how open the android OS is, but my phone became sluggish and some apps would cause the Force close error and i would have to take the battery out and restart the phone and i just didnt feel very secure seeing all the articles about android viruses that get peoples CC info. i now have a 4S and do not see any reason to go back to android.

Still loving this phone! Ask me in 6 months ~ one thing I am NOT doing is battery swipes. That is the main reason I got rid of my BB. Always hourglassing and doing battery swipes. Hell No. Losing memory and no more than 3 themes or 4 apps if that!

Hated that phone.

I hated Apple's iPhone.....until I owned several Android phones....I now understand why a closed system will always be more stable than anybody throwing an OS on anything. You can now have my iPhone 4S when you pry it from my cold, dead hands. As for my Droid X...you can find it on eBay. (I really wanted to take it out in the yard and shoot it...but there seems to be people out there who still haven't figured out that having a phone that reboots every other time you dock it or takes 15 seconds for the camera to 'load' is a 'bad thing' and they are willing to part with their money). <grin>