What's new

Could I sell my iPhone if I did "Add a Line"?

perezr10

Reaction score
According to Fedex my iPhone 5 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I am an AT&T customer and I purchased my iPhone by adding a line to my account which entitled me to the $299 price w/2 year contract.

So my question is, is it possible to sell if you got your Iphone this way?

Yes you can sell. But then the question is what do you do with that new line? Leave it active without a phone? Put a different phone on it and use it? cancel it and pay the cancelation fee?

I know of a couple of people that are buying the iP5 using their upgrade with the sole purpose of selling it when they get it. They plan to keep the phone they currently have or purchase an iP4S for much cheaper and use it. Just to make a few bucks.

I was gonna cancel that line and pay the $325 penalty fee. But if I paid $300 to get the phone + $325 to cancel the line that seems too good to be true doesn't it? Why would anyone pay $750 outright when they could simply pay $625 by adding a line and canceling? Am I missing something?

It's always possible to sell your phone.
Intact, I highly recommend it.

perezr10 said:
I was gonna cancel that line and pay the $325 penalty fee. But if I paid $300 to get the phone + $325 to cancel the line that seems too good to be true doesn't it? Why would anyone pay $750 outright when they could simply pay $625 by adding a line and canceling? Am I missing something?

Personally If I were to buy a iphone 5 it would be outright. That's just me I don't feel the need to be obligated to a 2 year contract just to save a $125 dollars. Besides your paying more in the long run.

If you pay the cancellation fee, you have no contract and you paid less money.

yes,there are many people to purchase the second-hand iphone. you can post some sell information on the sell website,I think anyone will contact you. good luck!