What's new

SMS Search not functioning properly

xfuz1on

Reaction score
Like the title states, I am having some issues with my search function from within the Message application. Every time I attempt to search for my contact's name to pull up the thread, it comes up with no result. The only time it will pop up is if that person's name has been mentioned from within the thread. My SMS spotlight search only searches for words or phrases from within the thread and not the contact name itself. Any solutions? I have tried restoring firmwares and SSH'd into my iPhone to delete the file from /private/var/mobile/Library/Spotlight/com.apple.MobileSMS .

Nope... I have no idea why that's happening with your device, i wish some one on the forum will come up with a cure for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah... I have no idea either. It's bothering me :/ .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNkYeayUqNM]YouTube - ‪Best Free Apps For iPhone - 25 May 2011‬‏[/ame]

Like the title states, I am having some issues with my search function from within the Message application. Every time I attempt to search for my contact's name to pull up the thread, it comes up with no result. The only time it will pop up is if that person's name has been mentioned from within the thread. My SMS spotlight search only searches for words or phrases from within the thread and not the contact name itself. Any solutions? I have tried restoring firmwares and SSH'd into my iPhone to delete the file from /private/var/mobile/Library/Spotlight/com.apple.MobileSMS .

Was this ever resolved? I just recently started having the same issue with my iPhone 5. Super strange and super annoying.

me too, I just recently started having the same issue with my iPhone 5. Super strange and super annoying.thank you
2.gif