What's new

Small screen display

firegeek

Reaction score
I am on an iPhone 4 with 5.0.1 that has been JB for almost a month. Suddenly, tonight my screen has shrunk to the top left corner of the display. I have tried to go into winterboard to respring the phone and cannot get the touch screen to work. The home screen looks as if everything is normal. I have tried a soft reset without avail. Can someone please help me?

I am on an iPhone 4 with 5.0.1 that has been JB for almost a month. Suddenly, tonight my screen has shrunk to the top left corner of the display. I have tried to go into winterboard to respring the phone and cannot get the touch screen to work. The home screen looks as if everything is normal. I have tried a soft reset without avail. Can someone please help me?

This is how to fix. I hope you have sbsettings!

Swipe your finger to the left on the status bar (on the clock) once sbsettings open, press power and then same mode. Your phone will reboot into safe mode. Tap or swipe at the top again and press exit safe mode.

Tadda! ;)

OK. So now I know that I need to get sbsettings. Since I don't have that is there another way? Also, it only shrinks the app when I open it. The home screen icons are normal, and it initially opens full size, then shrinks down.

Last edited:
You can make the phone go into safe mode manually using "Putty" to SHH into it but is a pain in the neck, Google it cause i dont remember from top of my head.

If not the only way to fix is by doing a restore in itunes and yes you will loose your JB. Sorry, I know how frustrating it is. Been there, done that ;(

That usually happens when you install a cydia package not compatible with IOS 5. Remember from now on, always to have sbsettings. Its free in cydia!

Last edited:
I've got a feeling that it is Backgrounder. I will drop that as soon as I get this fixed. I know that it is a risk when you mess with the os. Used to be on Droid but saw the light. I am just a tweaker. Sorry for the multiple posts.

I've got a feeling that it is Backgrounder. I will drop that as soon as I get this fixed. I know that it is a risk when you mess with the os. Used to be on Droid but saw the light. I am just a tweaker. Sorry for the multiple posts.

No problem I was on droid once and Im a tweaker too. Let me know if more questions rices. ;)

I've got a feeling that I will be doing a restore. Not the end of the world, I just know now that I should have better utilities for such an occasionl. I am sure that my missus will give me that "I told you so...."

I've got a feeling that I will be doing a restore. Not the end of the world, I just know now that I should have better utilities for such an occasionl. I am sure that my missus will give me that "I told you so...."

Lol! No worries just re-jailbreak and apply your tweaks again. I known is pretty annoying but hey. Now you know better! Don't forget SBsettings!!! Lol