What's new

Photos too small

cherylblodgett

Reaction score
I really hope someone can help me with this. I have an iphone4. When someone calls me their contact picture shows up real small in the upper right corner of my screen. Even when I call someone the picture is real small. Others I know with iphones, their pictures show up on the entire screen. Mine does not. I have been in contact with Apple and Verizon and no one could help me so Verizon just sent out a new phone saying my old one was defective. Well, I have the new phone and it is doing the exact same thing. I must be in my settings. I can't believe noone else has this issue! Can anyone help me please! It is diving me crazy!

Thanks so much.

It's because you are syncing up your contacts from outlook to your iPhone while your outlook contacts already having the contacts pictures. What you can do is to manually remove all the contact photos from your outlook or, sync to your iPhone after that and manually add photos to your contacts right from the phone.
When you add a photo to your contact right from the phone it's big when you sync a contact having a photo contact on it from outlook or iTunes to your iPhone the photo will be small when in call.

bab2010 said:
It's because you are syncing up your contacts from outlook to your iPhone while your outlook contacts already having the contacts pictures. What you can do is to manually remove all the contact photos from your outlook or, sync to your iPhone after that and manually add photos to your contacts right from the phone.
When you add a photo to your contact right from the phone it's big when you sync a contact having a photo contact on it from outlook or iTunes to your iPhone the photo will be small when in call.

I actually do not use outlook. All the pictures on my phone were taken on my phone. Any other suggestions? My calendar I use is from my gmail account and I use exchange for that.

I figured it out. I use gmail for my calendar and this was interfering with the contact pictures. Thanks anyway. All is good now.

Hi.

I've been looking for the answer for 2 days, because I have some contacts pictures displaying full screen, and some are just small pictres in the top right corner. I've read many explanations about the resolution, syncing with outlook, mac or so... but I don't use any of those, and I don't use gmail calendar, and it reaaaally has nothing to deal with the resolution. It's way more simple than that. For about 2 months i've been adding my contacts under the "contacts (all)" section of my contacts book, and when those new contacts call, the picture displayed is small sized.
In order to have a full screen picture, you just have to add them on your phone.....
In the contacts book, go back to "groups" (i'm using the french version but i think it's called this way) , button is at the top left corner, choose "on my iphone" and add your contacts from here. Every contact added by syncing or under the contacts (all) section, will have a small picture if they're not also saved on the phone.

Hope this will help .