What's new

Slow iPhone 4 ??

loco

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 that is jailbroken on 5.0.1. For the past few months it seems to be slowing down. I'm really starting to notice it. For instance, when I try to look at my camera roll, it will pause and hang on a white screen for about 10 seconds before it begins to load the photos. It does the same thing on txt messages.

Anything i can do to speed her up again ?

It might be something that you're constantly running in the background that might be putting a damper on the processor. Remember that the iPhone 4 is only a single core still, the dual cores don't hit the iPhones until the 4S, so things like Dreamboard or a heavily heavily modded Winterboard theme can cause that. There are other possibilities as well. Anything that latches onto the system files can potentially slow down your iPhone.

Thanks. I'll try and keep an eye on what's running.

Also take a look through what's been installed in Cydia as well. Spend a little time if you can and do some research on how it affects your system files and you might find your problem somewhere.

Another thing to look at... since you seem to be hanging up in your camera roll and messages... is how full your iPhone is. Meaning, if you have less than 300-400MB of free space you're definitely going to experience lagging when viewing things that are stored.. pics, messages, notes, etc.

It's better to restore your idevice every few months. The reason for that is to clean out all the old files and apps you don't use anymore.

All that old stuff will cause your device to run slow.

Via Tapatalk

It's better to restore your idevice every few months. The reason for that is to clean out all the old files and apps you don't use anymore.
Sometimes this isn't possible when we're between available Jailbreaks, like right now. And many users don't want to go thought the downgrading woes that often occur.

Instead of restoring it every so often, I would recommend learning how to troubleshoot and manually root through any problems. It can be boring and tedious, but if you can basically root through everything to check for yourself whether or not everything is in running order, you can save yourself a lot of trouble as Justin said, like downgrading and upgrading back and forth.

Instead of restoring it every so often, I would recommend learning how to troubleshoot and manually root through any problems. It can be boring and tedious, but if you can basically root through everything to check for yourself whether or not everything is in running order, you can save yourself a lot of trouble as Justin said, like downgrading and upgrading back and forth.

This would be the ideal route for some ppl like the ones that actually knw what their doing and knw what to remove and what not too.

Explaining to a 1st time jaibreaker could be hard and they can end up having a bigger problem than they started with.

Via Tapatalk

That's true. But it takes some time and patience. At first it was a bore and a "omg this so stuped wut do..." Then I just sat down one day and said "F it, I'm gonna learn how to do this the right way". A LOT of trial and errors before I got the basics. A learning experience nonetheless.