What's new

Slider tweak to open apps?

JohnPyn

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the tweak that leta you open any app by sliding(in the lockscreen) left and right several times, like left-right-left opens a certain app that you set. I remember getting it on the iPad but I didn't find it very useful but I find it most useful on the iPhone now but can't remember the nane. I did some searching but came up empty handed unfortunately. I'll be extremely grateful to anyone that can help me. Thanks a lot in advance.

Not sure about the lockscreen, but ActionSlider does what you're looking for from the notification center.

The tweak that comes first to my mind is LockSliderz ($1.49, USD). You can launch an app or do other things - for up to 8 customizable actions. It says that "any installed application can be used as action."

There are also these [free] tweaks:

AppSlider
SuperSlider
Multislide

I've not tried any of these, so I can't tell you how well they work - but it's a start?

Marilyn

A neater option(in my opinion) would be to link Apps to gestures on the lockscreen via Activator...

A neater option(in my opinion) would be to link Apps to gestures on the lockscreen via Activator...

If only we could add our own custom gestures to Activator....

I'm using Activator and QuickDo, on my iPhone and iPad....and is nearly all gesture based....