What's new

Siri is in beta

jimdd810

Reaction score
Siri is in beta and is expected to be out of beta in the 5.1 iOS update does this mean iPhone 4 users who have been trying the Siri repo with out success will have an easier time putting it on the 4?

Sent from iPhone of course

No. Apple is not releasing Siri for the iPhone 4 as they don't believe the hardware is adequate for the proper Siri experience, starting with the lack of a noise canceling microphone.

If anything you can expect future versions of Siri to block iPhone 4 hardware.

Makes me mad cause i wanted Siri and after reading post of successful Siri installs on the 4, I decided to save money and get the 4 and not the 4s. Now I have to wait a year for it.

I tried it slow and buggy

I have Siri working on my phone and I am using it to post a reply here it is awesome iPhone 4 working with Siri. This is really cool

I have Siri working on my phone and I am using it to post a reply here it is awesome iPhone 4 working with Siri. This is really cool

You are having siri on your iPhone 4 and using it to post a reply here? how do you post a reply on the forum using siri?

thewitt said:
No. Apple is not releasing Siri for the iPhone 4 as they don't believe the hardware is adequate for the proper Siri experience, starting with the lack of a noise canceling microphone.

If anything you can expect future versions of Siri to block iPhone 4 hardware.

I actually think its because they want people to buy the iPhone 4S. The only hardware issue with Siri on older devices is the fact that the pre-4S devices do not have a certain part in them that allows Siri to here what your saying farther than the length of your arm. That's pretty much it. Not the processor, or anything else. Pre-4S devices are fully capable of running Siri......they just don't have that extra distance recognition. That's all.

When you have Siri on your phone there is a microphone toggle on your keyboard and hit that and start talking

I tried Evi on my iphone 4. Seemed to work fine. It also worked ok on my sons 3gs. But I think siri on my new 4s is better since I can control more actual phone functions.

I ported Siri using spire on the iPhone 4 in cydia and transferred over my iPhone 4s proxy to the iPhone 4 and siri worked perfect not a flaw google spire and assistantconnect4s on google.