What's new

Sim Free iPhone 4S purchase in USA

jooney0

Reaction score
I'm going to the USA in December and want to buy the iPhone 5. I've heard that they can be bought contract free now. Does anyone know if an iPhone purchased from there would work with a UK sim card please?

There is no iPhone 5, so I assume you mean the 4S. It will be available unlocked in December in the US.

-t

There is no iPhone 5, so I assume you mean the 4S. It will be available unlocked in December in the US.

-t

Thanks. Do you know if it will work with any UK sim card?

If you buy a factory unlock iPhone 4S yes it will work anywhere with any GSM. But again it will be in November or December.

Are you referring to the Micro sim cards? Which are only about the size of the metal connectors that are found on the sim card.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Are you referring to the Micro sim cards? Which are only about the size of the metal connectors that are found on the sim card.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'll start again because I'm confusing myself now. If I bought the new iPhone from Apple in the UK I would buy it unlocked and then I would choose a carrier according to deals. If I bought an unlocked phone from the USA (as they are a lot cheaper there) would a USA model work in the UK with our carriers do you know please?

Ok to stop confusion there will Not be a iPhone 5 this year, there will be however a 4S instead with which I have hot mine pre ordered as from yesterday, by buying a 4S from America it will be most likely Network locked, so therefore you will need to go somewhere to get it unlocked & then you will be able to out any sim card in from any network ok!

Ok to stop confusion there will Not be a iPhone 5 this year, there will be however a 4S instead with which I have hot mine pre ordered as from yesterday, by buying a 4S from America it will be most likely Network locked, so therefore you will need to go somewhere to get it unlocked & then you will be able to out any sim card in from any network ok!

Thank you!

If I wait until November , according to this page: http://www.chipchick.com/2011/10/unlocked-iphone-4s.html then I can buy the 4S from USA unlocked which will save me £114
Can anyone verify that I can buy the phone unlocked in the USA from November?

Thank you!

If I wait until November , according to this page: http://www.chipchick.com/2011/10/unlocked-iphone-4s.html then I can buy the 4S from USA unlocked which will save me £114
Can anyone verify that I can buy the phone unlocked in the USA from November?

Unlocked iphones have been available in the US for some time now so for the 4S they will also be available for around 600-700 dollars I think for the 64GB model

Unleashed said:
Unlocked iphones have been available in the US for some time now so for the 4S they will also be available for around 600-700 dollars I think for the 64GB model

I believe the price of a unlocked 4s will come out to $849 USD.

You could buy a iPhone 4S from the UK, From a provider such as 3G or Vodafone.
Buy, it from the 3G Provider. Because the 3G Provider gives you web world-wide even without a contract either the Networking system 3G, which comes on iPhone. Then you could take it to an Unlocking shop, and unlock it for less than £30.
So it would be Unlocked.
P.s Factory Unlocked is expensiver than the normal Phone provider.
But, In America it says starts from $199 dollars, They mean, you have to contribute that amount of money, and pay monthly. As well as your contract

iCrank said:
I believe the price of a unlocked 4s will come out to $849 USD.

The 64G with tax and delivery is about 1108 USD
I can confirm fir you tomorrow