What's new

Silencing Notifications at night and Contacts issues

TnHuskerfan

Reaction score
Hello!! Thanks in advance! I'm new to the Iphone (owner of an Ipod Touch 4th gen for a couple of years) and I'm testing a 4S (iOS 6.1.2) for business purposes. I like most of what I've seen so far, but I've run into a couple of things I need some help with.

First off is there a way to silence all notifications at night, and still hear the phone ring? I prefer something that involves the least amount of steps as possible.

Second can you create events on your calendar that is synched to the Exchange Server, and invite others? I can create an event, but I didn't see an option to invite someone.

Third I noticed when my contacts were synched in also received a lot of "garbage contacts". By that I mean people I may have "CC'd" previously on an e-mail, but they aren't in my personal Outlook address book. Is there a way to clean it up so only my real Outlook contacts show? I can scroll through, and kill a night off deleting them, but I'm hoping there is a more efficient way.

Thanks!!

The first issue. In Settings there is a Do Not Disturb switch. To set the times for that go into Settings->Notifications. There you will see Do Not Disturb. In there, you can set the times. Not sure about the other 2 issues sorry

Sent from my iPaid 4

Thanks. I have been playing with that setting. It seems like it needs a little tweaking to get it to work right, but I think that will fix what we're looking for.

Hello!! Thanks in advance! I'm new to the Iphone (owner of an Ipod Touch 4th gen for a couple of years) and I'm testing a 4S (iOS 6.1.2) for business purposes. I like most of what I've seen so far, but I've run into a couple of things I need some help with.

First off is there a way to silence all notifications at night, and still hear the phone ring? I prefer something that involves the least amount of steps as possible.

Second can you create events on your calendar that is synched to the Exchange Server, and invite others? I can create an event, but I didn't see an option to invite someone.

Third I noticed when my contacts were synched in also received a lot of "garbage contacts". By that I mean people I may have "CC'd" previously on an e-mail, but they aren't in my personal Outlook address book. Is there a way to clean it up so only my real Outlook contacts show? I can scroll through, and kill a night off deleting them, but I'm hoping there is a more efficient way.

Thanks!!
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking

Guide for Beginners |iPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

iPhone tips

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

remember…."search" is your friend…..poisonivy…..iPhone and iPad forums moderator.