What's new

Signal issues

escalade6103

Reaction score
I've never had any issues with signal till recently. Ive always had 4 to 5 bars and now I'm only getting 2 most of the time. It's terrible! And so frustrating. I've turned it off and back on to update the towers and also called *228 and it never gets better. Randomly it does get up to 4 bars but never 5 bars. Any ideas? Anyone else having this issue?

I get around three to four bars in my apartment. The only issue I have is when I'm in the parking lot across my building then I get switched to roaming and I'm in the open. I always forget to do the *228 thing when I travel out of state and get frustrated thinking I got a defect phone.

We went through a period of that a few months ago when Verizon was updating towers in our area (NC). We used to be in an Alltel area. Now it's better. If I recall, they still had tower work to do in other areas. You may want to contact a corporate store and see what they have to say about it. Don't even bother with a franchise...they don't know much of anything!

Yeah man. It probably has nothing to do with your phone......most likely the towers.

Yeah I'm guessing it's cause their upgrading to 4g. Glad it happening now so when I get my 4g iPhone 5 it will be up and running good.

If you are on Verizon, *228 allows you to select one of two options.

Option 1 downloads activation data and initializes your phone for using on the network.

Option 2 downloads the PRL (Preferred Roaming List).

Does the prl update remove previous updates or does it simply add to the list? In other words, I'm I go to a different county and do it, do I have to redo it when I get back to mine or will it now know both lists?