What's new

SHRINK, BIGIFY, AND ROTATE ICONS ON iPhone And iPod Touch

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H51tWsdt310]YouTube - SHRINK, BIGIFY, AND ROTATE ICONS ON iPhone And iPod Touch - iOS Vlog 367[/ame]​

Bigify is a great tweak to add to your device. Before there was a tweak called Shrink that did almost the same thing, but from personal use, there were problems with it. Bigify will allow you to shrink, enlarge, and fade your icons on your homescreen. Believe me, with a simple tilt of an icon, there is almost no need for themes. You can also make them small to add more apps in a row or larger and make your screen a giant clusterf**k of icons. Either way, the tweak runs pretty smooth and tapping your icons, even when their size has changed is very responsive. Check out Bigify for the great price of FREE in Cydia.

I downloaded Bigify (I'm on iPhone 4, running 4.3.1) and it has a massive bug that makes all of your icons invisible. Not transparent, but invisible. The springboard is completely blank. Now, the apps are still there and if you know your layout you can still guess at where to press, and this is how I got to my settings. I figured maybe Bigify accidentally set the default for transparency to 100% or something, but even after I changed transparency to 50%, and resprung, there were still no icons. I eventually had to go to Cydia and uninstall. I don't know if this is a bug in Bigify itself, or if it simply is not compatible with something else in Cydia, but as of right now this is not a useable program.

Okay, so I didn't watch the video until after discovering how to get around the invisible icons problem on my own -- since many people might not want to take the time to sit through a video, I would suggest that mentioning this rather large oversight on the developer's part (and the way around it) in the body of the post as well would have been helpful -- but even after doing so, I noticed another issue that the developers seemed to have overlooked.

Bigify eliminates all of the Springboard and Dock icon labels. It retains labels for those icons within folders, but the labels for all other icons are gone, and there's no getting them back on a permanent basis. You can put an unlabeled icon within a folder and respring and get the label back, and then move it back onto your Springboard or Dock, but the very next time you respring, it will be missing again. Very annoying. The developers either need to offer an option to keep labels or remove them, or otherwise leave labels on by default since Winterboard provides two options already to remove labels -- one for the Springboard icons and one for the Dock icons.

Otherwise, the rest of the features are nice, especially when using Five-Column Springboard.