What's new

Show Your Home Screens

f0cfceeea6866134f382be99af889449.jpg

5c31f982d3861383c5dded633b078113.jpg

I got it when it was free a couple of years ago.
As much as I like the free app offerings, I've scored a few great apps that way, but don't the developers lose money? Or does Apple reimburse them?

As much as I like the free app offerings, I've scored a few great apps that way, but don't the developers lose money? Or does Apple reimburse them?
If it's the free app the week promotion, Apple pays the developer what he would have got by selling the app during the promotional period. Also, if the developers themselves make the app free, it's only for a limited time.

If it's the free app the week promotion, Apple pays the developer what he would have got by selling the app during the promotional period. Also, if the developers themselves make the app free, it's only for a limited time.
Wow. I missed it. Is it worth $4.99?

Ah, ok, that's good that Apple pays them so they don't lose any money during the promotion. Good job, Apple!

Ah, ok, that's good that Apple pays them so they don't lose any money during the promotion. Good job, Apple!
I did some more checking and discovered that both parties forgo their revenue for the week that the app is part of the free app of the week promotion. Apple loses its 30% of the app purchase price and the developer loses his 70% share. I guess the presumption is that the extra publicity generated during the promotion will result in increased sales after the oromotion ends.

I did some more checking and discovered that both parties forgo their revenue for the week that the app is part of the free app of the week promotion. Apple loses its 30% of the app purchase price and the developer loses his 70% share. I guess the presumption is that the extra publicity generated during the promotion will result in increased sales after the oromotion ends.
And there is also the chance that the in-app purchases will generate revenue. Free app of the week was, in my opinion, a genius idea.

Back